This blog was originally sponsored by Ne-Do-Ba, a Maine Nonprofit 501(c)3 Corporation. For questions about this blog, please contact < MaineRoots at outlook dot com >
The owner (Nancy Lecompte) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics*. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not receive commissions from affiliate programs.
This blog may contain content which some may see as conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified. Any such conflict of interest would most likely occur in relationship to my membership in certain organizations or access to the paid subscription services I use in my research. I would like to disclose the following
- New England Historical Genealogical Society – research member
- Maine Historical Society – member
- Bethel Historical Society – member
- Androscoggin Historical Society – life member and occasional paid speaker
- Maine Genealogical Society – member and occasional paid speaker
- Ancestry.com – paid subscription
- Fold3.com (Footnote) – paid subscription
- GenealogyBank – paid subscription
I occasionally assist non-fiction book authors with research (at no cost to them) for which I am generally credited by those authors for my assistance and usually receive a free copy of the book for the Ne-Do-Ba library. Neither I nor Ne-Do-Ba have ever received any monetary compensation for assisting authors, however we have all benefited from the relationships and the open sharing of research and ideas. These intangible benefits often continue past the original exchange.
I am retired as a corporate officer and a member of the Board of Directors for Ne-Do-Ba (who originally sponsored of this blog).
* If I’m given free products or services to review (and I’m really not into that) I’ll tell you I got it free if I decide to review it.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org