This post is a bit more upbeat then my last. Today’s deed shows the Kanistanaux family was able to repurchase a portion of their original lot in Stockton.
Unfortunately, the images for these documents are huge so I will not be following my usual pattern of providing copies of the documents here with the post. The images are all found on the free familysearch website, so I will provide links directly to their images for anyone interested in seeing the actual documents.
September 1879 Purchase of 3 acres in Stockton by Laton Kanistanaux for $150.00
Index Page <– click here
Deed <– click here
- Index of Deeds, Chautauqua County, N.Y. – Grantees A-KI 1872-88
- page 422 for the letter “K”
- Laton Kanistanaux, grantee
- Andrew and Mary E. Munger, grantor
- Liber. #185, Page #148, Lot #35, Town #4, Range #12
- Laton Kanistanaux, of Stockton, buyer
- purchased 3 acres more or less
- land in Stockton, part of lot #35, 4th Township, 12th Range of the Holland Land Company Survey
- sold for $150.00
- beginning at the corner of the Old Plank Road [County Rd 70/Rt 380] and the Mill Road
- 5 chains (330 feet) in length along the Old Plank Road
- 6 chains (396 feet) in length along the Mill Road
- other two lines are parallel to the first two forming a nearly square lot.
I am very glad to see the family did not loose the house and land completely. Here we see Laton is purchasing 3 acres of the original 100 acres. Once again the house is not specifically mentioned, but I assume the house they built in the summer of 1874 was located within this 3 acre lot and they have been renting since October 1874.
The description of this lot matches fairly well with the lot shown on the 1881 Town Map I presented in my Kanistanaux Homestead post.
I would like to thank Cheryl Keisling for performing a tedious search through un-indexed county records to locate these useful documents.
See the Kanistanaux Home Page for more.
See the Kanistanaux Map at Google.
Do you have any information to add or questions?
Please leave a comment.
Copyright ©2013 Ne-Do-Ba – All Rights Reserved